Monday 15 October 2007

Rotorua Ekiden

Somehow, I managed to get roped into participating in the Rotorua Ekiden. Esentially it is a marathon relay around the beautiful Lake Rotorua. Our office entered three teams of six, two running and one walking. Thankfully I was on the walking team.

So, togged out in a pair of my fathers size ten trainers with two pairs of socks on to ensure a snug fit, of i went at 7.30am to meet up with my team mates. Only to find I had the 8.1km leg with a continous 2km gradient to overcome. Bloody lovely.

But overcome I did, in a suitably impressive time of 1hr and 9 mins. Not bad for an ageing 35 year old!

Photos of the day are still being digitally enhanced, but will be posted at a later date. Official photos of the day will be available on the Ekiden website, link above, soon also.

Best thing was the BBQ after at my bosses amazing house, that is for sale, and we could afford if our house in the UK would fu**ing sell. Oh, and the cool reebok t-shirt and medal. Yes, a medal. Whoever said that i wouldn't amount to anything!!!!!!!

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Well done you . You seem to be enjoying NZ